Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > Medical Pearls Of Wisdom

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2008, 21:31   #7
x SF med
Quiet Professional
 
x SF med's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In transit somewhere
Posts: 4,044
Good job.

I've had to use boxes before - on DZs when we 'contracted out' DZMO to the non Airborne ambulance medics. they got a chance to open the box on a Thomas, and they were ready... I nearly knocked two out as I came up the hill to see a buddy down, aksed what was going on, and was told that his leg was broken. The kid had a sh-t eating grin on his face as he said "...and it's a dropzone injury, we get to use a traction splint!" I did a quick assessment, asked T what was up and he said, "stop them, they're idiots" - they were, ther was a low tib fib fx, with ankle involvement - and they wanted to traction splint it, because "everything on a DZ gets traction". I threw them out of the area, got the boxes, collected belts and got transport... No M5 bag, late call for the jump had to borrow a ruck and helmet on the way out.
__________________
In the business of war, there is no invariable stategic advantage (shih) which can be relied upon at all times.
Sun-Tzu, "The Art of Warfare"

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:26.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies