Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Special Forces Fieldcraft

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2004, 17:18   #6
Desert Fox
Guerrilla
 
Desert Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
DF,

I would not use that scenario and their mistakes as a learning aid. Hell unless you were there you’ve no idea what really went on.

As far as why you are dead, making HF comms behind enemy lines is a risky business. Unless you are a trained communications professional I would refrain from making any communications comments or suggestions. Get some training or read up on DFing of HF equipment.

TS
I'm ALWAYS humble when ,,judging'' another's mission, for the reason you told me.'this is to easy'.

I could association a 'yes but' with everything I said.

Again, I can say: if tey had made a radio check just before the mission, they would had comms.But again if I emitt I risq to be monitored. It was 1991 and I dont think the burst system was really used by the SAS, and defenitely not by Iraq.I know for Canadian Forces, in 1993 it took about 48 hours to do a complete electronic map at the division level.That was not so fast.A short check at the base, prior to embarkment, or a back-up frequencies 'twin' list would, I think, have been secure in the perspective of electronic warfare.
The same way we test weapons prior to a mission, the same way we should test the comms, which is, in a sense, a weapon.
But to give bad comms instructions to a LRP is unforgivable.Comms mean life.

I'm just trying some mental acrobatics, some brainstorming.It often comes with good points.
__________________
True fitness is task-oriented.
Desert Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What changes would you make to the Bravo course? optactical 18B 6 01-15-2008 10:00
The Official Republican Convention Thread Roguish Lawyer The Soapbox 48 09-07-2004 01:02
Bravo Zulu Jimbo Terrorism 1 06-08-2004 08:36



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:56.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies