Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2004, 09:27   #11
Smokin Joe
Area Commander
 
Smokin Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,691
Re: You have got to be kidding!

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy
There is a BIG difference between driving fast and being shot at!

When I'm at work. I drive fast ALL of time because speed is security. The adrenaline is barely noticable.

Now being shot at...rocketed or mortored! The adrenaline rush went thru the roof!

Reading about it is one thing...well, you know the rest.
My mistake Guy, I miss wrote last night and was unclear in my orginial post.

What I should have said is that your body reacts the same way to adernaline. Now based on what is happening at the time depends on how much adernaline you get.

I completely agree chasing someone and being shot are to totally different situations. BUT the bodies reaction to the adernaline dump is the same.

I'm like you I drive fast all the time while at work, I also experience little to no adernaline. However if you or I were trying to conduct a normal traffic stop then all of a sudden someone runs (either in the car or on foot) you get an adernaline dump.

Is it the same amount as being shot at honestly I don't know I have only been shot at twice, and the incidents happened so quickly that all I could do was go to cover, and the threat left the sceen. So the incidents were over very quickly. I'm sure you have alot more experience when it comes to being shot at, so you know a hell of alot more about what your body does under these circumstances. From my limited experiences my body reacted the same way. Blood pressure went up, I started to get tunnel vision, and I had little to-no-finite motor skills.

Last night I was trying to point out the fact that in a high stressful situation your body re-acts a certain way, unless you have trained yourself otherwise.

HSLD door kickin individuals have trained themselves to act a certain way, because all of the time and training they have put into there chosen profession.

Your average Cop does not have the same amount of time and training vested (in pursuit driving in this case) to properly train through your bodies natural reaction to a stressful situation.
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High Speed NousDefionsDoc Professional Gear 39 11-20-2010 20:09
LeMas High Speed Photos The Reaper Ammo Talk 17 05-26-2004 16:18
High Speed Gear Alipad Max Power Professional Gear 3 05-05-2004 10:26



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:03.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies