View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 09:38   #39
shootandloot
Asset
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Baghdad
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally posted by myclearcreek
In Oklahoma, in many instances, if you want a voice in local politics, you must be a registered Democrat. When a Presidential primary is in question, of course, they will vote for the best Democrat available, but when it comes to the General Election, many people I know will vote for President Bush again. I believe there are a few other states where this is also true.


Edited for spelling.
It's the same way in Western Pennsylvania. Democrats get elected to the majority of offices (though I never understand how party affliation matters for a office like the Recorder of Deeds). So we have alot of very conservative Democrats who would fit in more with the Republican party in any other area.
shootandloot is offline   Reply With Quote