|
Crad,
Even you? Things weren't always like they are right now. Training doesn't mean money. You're going to measure training by dollars spent per trainee? How do you count the best training we ever did - 500 meters from the team room on the Mata Mile?
How are you going to count those countless hours when it was raining outside and we were in the team room doing IV or comms classes?
How do you factor in the "Hey, we're going to do a COMEX in the Uhwarrie, anybody want to go? And you send one, and he comes back and trains the rest of the Team?
How are you going to count the hour every afternoon the SGM spent in the Team Rooms talking? You know, that SGM with 5 tours in Vietnam?
I learned an awful in company-level hotwashes and sitting in the Master Key hootch in the afternoons drinking beer and diagraming on a white board with a magic marker.
Ever hear of hip-pocket training? Costs nothing. Very valuable.
I learned something new everything day I was on a Team. And tried to pass it on to somebody else. Still do.
Training is about attitude, not resources.
Training is a way of life on a Team. Its not for the LEOs I have known or by what I have seen them say here. I am sure there are exceptions.
__________________
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.
Still want to quit?
|