View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 01:38   #40
18C4V
Quiet Professional
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Posts: 1,100
I want NDD to be the mayor of the city where I work at!!!! I like those rules.

Pursuit policies differ from dept to dept. Ours require that a supervisor acknowledge and monitor the radio. Before we got spike strips, every cop would try to get in on the pursuit. Now it's a race to spike the car.

I think the longest pursuit I was in was 45 minutes. The reason for the inital pursuit? The car was just used in a robbery. It was all over the city and ended up in the adjacent city. By the time it was over, a cop and the suspect got shot. After getting shot, the suspect ran 100 yrds and hid under a trailor. Guess who got to him first?
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote