View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 08:50   #30
Guy
Quiet Professional
 
Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: OCONUS...again
Posts: 4,702
You have got to be kidding!

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokin Joe
Adernaline it is the same no matter if you are being shot at, driving in a high speed chase, or in a knock down drag out fight. Additionally I know you have all heard of the OODA loop?

Observe
Orientate
Decide
Act

Its the process your brain goes through when the P factor goes up.

You guys have experienced it even if you have never heard of it. It is a physiological process. --So I've read.
There is a BIG difference between driving fast and being shot at!

When I'm at work. I drive fast ALL of time because speed is security. The adrenaline is barely noticable.

Now being shot at...rocketed or mortored! The adrenaline rush went thru the roof!

Reading about it is one thing...well, you know the rest.
__________________
“It is better to have sheep led by a lion than lions led by a sheep.”

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote