View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 20:01   #13
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional
 
Surgicalcric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wherever my ruck finds itself
Posts: 2,972
Quote:
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
...It shoudl be left to the judgement of TRAINED officers as to its feasibility. Maybe we have a training problem that needs to be addressed. Also, guidelines should be set and reevavluated constantly using advances in technology and equipment available to apprehend these dirt bags.
Its not a lack of training, its a lack of protocol. You cannot expect the LEO directly involved in the chase to make that judgement. In most instances he will continue out of pure adrenaline.

Its someone sitting down and saying, "this is too fast for this area." I also think the shift officer, zone fficer, etc should have the authority to call it off. Thats all.

I will call SLED tomorrow and get some if you would like.
__________________
"It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees."

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote