View Single Post
Old 02-29-2004, 18:40   #8
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER
 
Sacamuelas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gulf coast
Posts: 1,906
Thumbs up

Great post Surgicalcric.

That is exactly what I was looking for in my question. I was unsure whether you would attempt any field fixation method /temp. support of the hip before moving the patient onto a stretcher and out of the vehicle.

I was thinking 100mph tape around the thighs with something in between them (small sandbag/or rolled poncho between the knees) to support and fixate the fractured hip. That way you could help reduce further blood loss from occurring due to an open/displaced pelvic fracture. All this after securing his cervical area with a c collar of course.

Anyway, that is why I see the mouths to fix the teeth and jaws AFTER they have been "saved". Thanks again James

Eagle- You know me. I am not afraid to admit ignorance. I always post a disclaimer when I am "out on a limb" though. We all have specialties... mine are just boring.
__________________
"If you live here you better speak the language. This is supposed to be a melting pot not a frigging stew" - Jack Moroney
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote