View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 14:07   #7
Flagg
Area Commander
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Any day now and the new communist Greek government is going to "Grexit".....

I'm guessing Russia might step in to assist their communist comrades, who else is going to hide the billions the Russian government officials are hiding from fellow Russians?
I wonder if the Russian government/Putin has the financial capacity to conduct an "Anti-Marshall Plan"?

Russia's economy is in a bit of doodoo with low energy prices, soft western trade sanctions, and the substantial cash costs of undermining Ukraine and elsewhere.

It would certainly benefit Russia by pulling Greece into it's sphere of influence, disrupting EU and NATO.

-----

What I'd like to better understand is what influence/control Russia's government/Putin has over "grey money" and Russia's expat oligarchs. Those hundreds of billions that fled after the Soviet collapse, and the grey money/proceeds of crime generated since.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote