View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 13:05   #30
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional
 
NousDefionsDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LA
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Sergeant

While it’s not a smart to engage a Special Forces A-Team, it’s dumber to corner one.

Team Sergeant
Quote of the Year! Bravo! Author! Author!

Besides all this, I never met a patient with a pulse I couldn't save. Yes, Virginia, I'm that good.

I have one simple goal when medicking - turn my patient over to the surgeons in better shape than he was when I originally found him.

I can imagine the conversation - "Redleg 26, bring it in danger close, NOW!"

"Well, he did sign a living will"

"Watch the left flank, no the left...DAMN Bravos!"

"To hell with the living will, watch this! Who's O Neg? Give the clacker to Bao/Hadji/Juan and get over here now!"

"CAS in 5!"

"JESUS Doc, what are you doing to him?"

LOL

Truth is, I probably wouldn't even know who the patient was, mcuh less remember who wanted what. Probably a defense mechanism, but I tend to block identities and treat the wound, not the person, in the field.

I've had people come up later "Hi, remember me?"
"I've never met you, go away."
"But, I named my kid after you!"
"I don't know you."
"Shrapnel wound left forearm, Honduras, '88."
"Oh yeah, how'd that work out for you?"

I'm much nicer in a clinical setting.

LOL
__________________
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote