Thread: Arabic Tips
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 22:59   #1
jatx
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,355
Arabic Tips

Anyone here have tips on learning MSA?

I've checked with all the universities in my area, and none will be offering a class this spring. That being said, my goal for the next 3-4 months is to master the script, build a base of vocabulary and not learn any bad pronunciation habits.

How about a PC-based program, supplemented by an hour or so a week with a native speaker for conversation? I know that this is sub-optimal, but I don't have any live instruction available, let alone an immersion course.

Which materials would you recommend?
__________________
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither Thou goest." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

"If simple folk are free from care and fear, simple they will be, and we must be secret to keep them so." - JRRT
jatx is offline   Reply With Quote