|
SOG Question
Guys, I will only write about what happened at CCS.
1. I know of at least one of our RT 10's came in country as a leg clerk typist. Jump school in country and the SOG school at Long Thanh.He ran some damn good targets for CCS.
2.The launch site at Quan Loi was supported by the 195th AHC and O1-E's both Army and Air Force.
Army flew radio relay and AF were FAC's.
3.The North launch site was supported by the 20th SOS and 155th AHC.When we moved to the Northern limits of our AO chopper units from Pleiku provided slick support.Army O1E's flew radio relay and AF O-2's flew FAC.
When I first arrived at CCS the ROE's were no TAC Air or arty and guhships had to use light warheads. We didn't want to scar the ground!!
Then we started putting in ARC LIGHT strikes into the Base Areas.
BMT
__________________
Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.
|