View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 18:13   #5
Red Flag 1
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,952
Nice reminder of my time in Germany. So much area has gone back to the Germans. My last visit there, we still had the R&R facility at Chiemsee; understand that has gone back as well. I was stationed about 60K south of Koblenz, and the same distance west of Mainz. Four days after arrival, I was using an English-German dictionary to settle terms on renting a house. The landlord lived next door, and spoke perfect English, I discovered a bit later. That I went through the trouble to negotiate in German won me points, and probably shaved a few bucks off the rent. I could have punched him after he slapped me on the back and said, " you did pretty good Capt.". It was a great tour. Thanks for the reminder.

RF 1
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote