|
Bill, that is a lot of invaluable history and personal knowledge you have in your head. You should give thought to writing a book about this subject or at the very least a video of you telling the story and your first hand experiences.
I had a chance once when I was a SWC instructor to sit in the historical archives section as I scanned slides to JPEG images, it took about 5 mins per slide back then. They had a stack of VCR tapes just sitting there that I took interest in. They had video interviews from people like Nick Rowe and Earnie Tabata and other well known figures in the community. Needless to say, I watched them and even though I know Earnie and could of gotten up and walked over to his office and talked to him in person, to hear him tell his story and to hear Nick Rowe tell several of his, was priceless in my opinion. They were semi formal being that an off screen voice might ask a question or two or direct the conversation here and there but the speakers just spoke as they remembered it and a lot of the type of information that you just posted here was given in those videos. That is stuff you can't find in books anywhere and is worth capturing so the story and knowledge isn't lost. I for one would like to hear you tell this whole story as you know it and experienced it.
|