View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 02:12   #18
-Jas-
Asset
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 28
AFAIK Bases like Katterbach (not particually the Ansbach facility), Bamberg and Oberpfaffenhofen are safe to stay.

For Katterbach IIRC the bunker complex is unique and vital as is the Recce/Signal capabilities of Oberpfaffenhofen in order to furfill some (tbh a bit outdated) NATO Agreements.

Bamberg is said to be the 2nd largest US Ammunition Depot outside US soil and is a logistic key point for any operation in the middle east.

And look: Future Operations of the US, NATO or some Allies with US interests involved will probably take place in northern Africa. So Germany isnīt a particually bad place for stationing your troops. Itīs one of the most secure and safe countries in the world, provides a very high standard of living and has an accomplished history with US Troops being stationed in the country. Very little personal conflicts besides this noise gibberish (which I can tell you also the Bundeswehr is constantly facing).

And I mean, even though itīs the military, you might check with your troops: Where would you rather spend some years of your service away from home: Germany or Romania/Hungary etc....

I myself was stationed in the US with the German Troops there. (for those who didnīt knew this: Germany has got 5 military Bases on US Soil). And well if it was not the United States I am sure I would have not enjoyed my stay as I did.
-Jas- is offline   Reply With Quote