View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 16:55   #11
eine_frau
Asset
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I live in the beautiful south of Germany
Posts: 41
Katterbach

from what I can find on that on the german media, there is a group of about 30 local residents out of the Ansbach/Katterbach/Illesheim area that are protesting and trying to get the helicopter flights after 10pm banned.
Seems like their chances aren't that great that it might actually happen.

http://www.br-online.de/studio-frank...9944367212.xml

But really, 30 people divided around 2 US military posts got riled up by some rather strange guy and write complaints and try to take it to the courts-and they probably really get bothered by the noise. That is not going to translate to any of you like Germany doesn't want to host US miltary, right?

Every time a post closes it is devastating for the economy in the area, and at least the cities that I live close to, are always struggling to keep the Army there.

By the way, I am sure around every post in the States you can gather up 30 people who have some complaint about noise or land development, etc.

---I do feel sorry for whoever has to deal with the paperwork, though
eine_frau is offline   Reply With Quote