|
Serious Burn Patient
general question for a specific case.
Short version, a young friend of mine (who's father was one of the legends of the airshow business and a very good friend) is also a performing airshow pilot.
During a recent airshow he had an engine problem, lost power and got the plane leveled out long enough for his wing walker wife to get into the front seat.
In resulting controlled crash landing she sustained third degree burns on 65% of her body and various serious bone fractures.
She had all digits amputated on her right hand.
First question is this, is there anything being done now to replace fingers?
I think the correct term is prosthesis and expect this would be non-functioning.
Edited to add; I think some of the best Docs in the business of serious injury are around here and is why I'm asking.
Also if any details of injuries are wrong, I will correct.
Last edited by Bill Harsey; 04-14-2011 at 09:14.
|