View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 03:30   #25
Adam White
Auxiliary
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lee, VA
Posts: 61
Gentleman, thank you for the SF perspectives - I really don't get those in my world (which could explain why I find myself here from time to time).

I have ZERO clue as to the big-picture integration of SOF in Iraq - but agree that unwillingness to think outside of the box is an Army-wide issue - and is likely severely limiting results from not only you folks, but also Civil Affairs types.

I find it interesting that the top Army men under Rumsfeld are all SOF types - but am concerned that a lot of depth of understanding of the capabilities, limitations, and intracacies of conventional forces is lost (with an obvious increase in the same for SOF, of course).

There is just too much parochial bullshit across the board - then again, I'm sure it has always been that way.
__________________
"Ignorantque datos, ne quisquam serviat, enses"
-Lucanus (A.D. 39-65), De Bello Civili
Adam White is offline   Reply With Quote