View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 07:33   #13
lindy
Guerrilla Chief
 
lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ft Benning
Posts: 707
The vast majority of the street vendors in Manhattan offer halal meat (kabobs & such) and it's pretty much the norm up there.

I wonder if the Mikey Dees in Michigan offer halal burgers?

On a side note, regarding the halal process...my personal experience (as a guest) has been a lamb, a dirt road, a sharp knife, the whole "there is no god but God" phrase, and processing the lamb just like we do deer in the States.

Again, my experience was that is the halal "process" is a sham. No different than a "believer" strapping a bomb to himself and going into a crowd all in the name of the religion of peace.

YMMV.
__________________
"I see that you notice that I wear glasses. Well, it was to be. I've not only grown old and gray, I've become almost blind in the service of my country." - General George Washington

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote