View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 20:00   #26
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER
 
Sacamuelas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gulf coast
Posts: 1,906
Sorry for calling you nerds, I really like you. will you help me now? LOL HAHA

Alright... I downloaded and installed this SP2 thing.

Question... I use xp home. I have always left the xp firewall and my mcafee firewall running together.

I have always assumed that it might give me higher protection having both running and I never noticed a slowdown or glitch in the past. Am i right to assume better protection if running both?

Now that I have installed this new patch, it says I should only run one. I currently stil have both active. Should I turn one off or proceed as is until I run into a problem. Wait, there is a catch. What types of errors or whatnot should I be looking for as far as problems that would relate to having both running concurrently? I am such a rookie computer nerd that I wouldn't know what to attribute to the firewalls verses other internet mixups.

Last edited by Sacamuelas; 08-13-2004 at 20:05.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote