View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 09:00   #19
Kyobanim
Moderator
 
Kyobanim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally posted by Huey14
I often wish it were possible to take an axe to IE.
Try XP SP2. I installed it on 2 test machines earlier this week and am amazed. MS just might have finally gotten something right. Built in spam/popup blockers, better control on the built in firewall, better wirless controls. Haven't seen any problems so far that plagued the Beta release. IE works better also if you spend a little time going through the configuration.

Which brings up another subject. Lots of people complain about IE but how many people actually take the time to sit down and go through all the configuration windows and put a little thought into what they're doing? I know I didn't and after I did I had a smoother operating browser.
__________________
"Are you listening or just waiting to talk?"


Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote