Thread: The Loop
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 18:52   #14
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional
 
NousDefionsDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LA
Posts: 1,653
"NDD-
I want to say that I dont think boyd intended for you to concern yourself with the idea of imposing your orientation on your (imagined) view of the adversary's. I think he intended that you conduct your own unique 'ORIENT' phase, generate a hypothesis ('DECIDE') and test it 'ACT'.
Wouldnt this cause you to be the actor and not the reactor, making you the one setting the pace, not your adversary, and forcing him to keep pace with you. The inherant risk is always there."

rubbish. gross over simplification!

I am talking about before the engagement. Very simple example. If you are going to use a distraction device to disrupt his observe and orientation, you assume that your adversary will be distracted by said device. If he uses them as part of his arsenal as well, chances are he will not be distracted as he understands, on observing the device being employed, that it is a distraction. He looks away and at the same time moves. See what I mean?
__________________
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote