|
MTETC
In what ways do you think MTET-C are applicable to OODA? Im only just a national guard infantry squad leader. So bear with me. MTET-C is a variation of the original army METT-TC that some of our trainers with the 91st suggested that we use instead.
Can you explain RMA? If you're asking about what sort of impact Boyd had on modern military thinking and doctrine. I would say that, from what I have read, and that is limited, he appears to have had a huge impact. Marine Corps amphibious warfare doctrine is based on his theories. Gulf War I, Cheney consulted Boyd at length before the initial invasion. He is quoted as saying "I can't let norm do this high diddle up the middle plan." That language the SecDef used was Boyd's.
During a press conference in Gulf War I BG Richard Niel said, "We got inside his decision cycle" when asked for the reason Iraqi troops were surrendering by the thousands.
__________________
National Guard Marksmanship Training Center
Last edited by JGarcia; 07-26-2004 at 13:28.
|