View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 04:28   #7
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional
 
JJ_BPK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Posts: 11,901
My GP/ Surgeon is still pencil to paper,,

But my Cardiologist has all the rooms wired with laptops. If I want a copy of today's whatever, I just ask at the desk on the way out, normally while setting up the next appointment..

The fact that the Doc's, the PA's, or the nurse all record, "Interactively", makes for a longer visit, but I think the data is much more accurate. Most times, we will review the recorded statement before the end of the session.

The VA clinic in KW and VA hospital in Miami also use laptops in each room..

You may be able to take your thumb drive and plug it into the doc's pc while you wait??
__________________
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote