Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123
Gentlemen,
My complements for an excellent thread.
Last year I bought a few remote acres bordered on 3 sides by nat'l forest. Iffy cell phone coverage. Need to do chainsaw work to cut wood for the wood stove at the hunting shack that I have and for firewood for the kids to make fires with.
I've never had any formal chainsaw training... I just bought a Husky and started OJTing it.
I've tried not to run the saw when I was by myself and when I did cut wood with my family around, I've tried to be extra-careful. I've googled about saw technique etc. but I've learned a lot more useful info from this thread.
Thanks, guys!
|
XJWoody opened this party and I just "ran 'em, didn't work on em, much" .
If my saw shop knows I adjusted a carb, they charge me 25 extra bucks just to approach the service counter.
Your tracking on all the high points. Go slow and easy because your not being graded on speed of production. This makes things a little better.
At the very least, let folks know where your at and when your supposed to be back.
Detail about falling timber, look up and study the tree. See which way it's leaning THEN look again to see if the limbs weigh it heavy on one side or another. Standing at the stump to see which way to step while a tree is twisting and falling is an acquired skill. Don't run before your sure the direction you go is not directly underneath it.