01-26-2009, 12:03
|
#10
|
|
Quiet Professional
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 4,552
|
Amen, brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT
You just have to remember that outside the US there are a lot of infectious deceases that the locals know about but in the 1st World we have rarely or never heard of. It does not effect us so research has not been done to the extent that we do in the good old USA. We are so blessed for the level of health care we have.
I live overseas and in the last week have been in the Hospital with my mother and they are complaining about service and attention. I have been looking at it in a different light. I see attentive staff, prompt test, doctors and RN's that are there answering your questions. Aggressive medical care so they can get you back on your feet and out the door back home. I really appreciate it and it reminds me why I have fought to protect the country.
Mom looks at it as the bed is not like home, the recliner is old and hard, the medicine is not brought on her normal schedule, the food is lousy.... Honestly this is a very leading edge hospital but she is in a private room that they gave her at the last minute and it is in the old wind. I think it is great. They even have WIFI for you there. It is great being american.... 
OK Back to the thread......
|
|
|
Razor is offline
|
|