Quote:
I live overseas and in the last week have been in the Hospital with my mother and they are complaining about service and attention. I have been looking at it in a different light. I see attentive staff, prompt test, doctors and RN's that are there answering your questions. Aggressive medical care so they can get you back on your feet and out the door back home. I really appreciate it and it reminds me why I have fought to protect the country.
Mom looks at it as the bed is not like home, the recliner is old and hard, the medicine is not brought on her normal schedule, the food is lousy.... Honestly this is a very leading edge hospital but she is in a private room that they gave her at the last minute and it is in the old wind. I think it is great. They even have WIFI for you there. It is great being american....
|
Thank you
...................................
I had some Deja Vu when I read this story about the model since it hasn't been long since I read this article:
NYC Woman Loses Hands, Feet In Hospital 'Mistake'
I wonder if the ER in the NY case had done blood cultures (if they really didn't) would they have gotten results in time to call her back before she came back on her own.
........................................
We had a septic patient on my unit last year that lost both hands after being septic so its not really that unheard of.