Thread: Cold Feet
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 18:25   #27
alright4u
Quiet Professional
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 974
Good Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzzz View Post
Yes to wool hat at night. Also, and this may sound odd, but we used to carry a collapsable stool on our rucks (it slides between the rear of the ruck and the straps nicely. Why a stool? because it's much better than sitting in the snow. I used the stool when sleeping as a tunnel frame over my head. This formed a dead space and oddly,it kept cold air off of my head.

Also used to take and wrap my feet in a poncho liner and put them in a waterproof bag inside the sleeping bag...and very warm.
With regards to the sleeping with the boots under your head, one loses 50% of body heat through the head. Enjoy the cold, it falls under Paragraph 3 of a field order..
Out, Bllitzzz
I am not up on today's equipment/clothing etc. I agree about the Korea comment. I have had Simms goretex guide waders for fly fishing since about 95. They are great.
alright4u is offline   Reply With Quote