Thread: Cold Feet
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 10:09   #12
anythingrandom
Auxiliary
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 89
Ever since I started hunting when I was 10 I've had problems keeping my feet warm. Every other part of me stays toasty except my toes. My father wears the same socks and boots as me, and never has a problem, although his hands get cold and mine don't. Everyone is a little different. Here's what I did -

I took a pair of warm socks and sewed onto the top of the toe a pocket that stretched to the middle of my foot. Find some way to fasten the opening of the pocket, velcro or buttons have worked. Then get some of those "toe warmer" packs and slip them into the pocket. The "hand warmer types" don't work quite so well, they require more air than the toe warmers and therefore stop reacting if placed in the confines of a boot.

Hope this helps.

ATR
__________________
The only remedies against race and prejudice are enlightenment and education. This is a slow and painstaking process.

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.

There is only one road to human greatness: through the school of hard knocks.

- Albert Einstein
anythingrandom is offline   Reply With Quote