Quote:
Originally posted by Razor
When you've lived for years on end in the places where the mission could be accomplished at a lower cost (Ft Irwin, Ft Polk, Ft Bliss, Ft Sill, etc), come back and espouse this opinion. Don't overlook the quality of life issues involved in base location. I'm willing to bet that the leadership of the corporations you mentioned didn't move from their multi-million dollar homes in exclusive neighborhoods to live in Bangladesh when they moved their production capabilities there.
|
Good point, Razor. Makes sense to me.
The corporate relocations I've mentioned have been to places like Phoenix; not horrible places, but much less expensive than where they used to be. I have a client based in downtown Manhattan, across the street from Ground Zero. They could save many millions of dollars moving somewhere else, but they are staying in New York principally for prestige and other nonpecuniary reasons like the ones you've described.
Sorry if I've ruffled feathers with this one!