View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 18:42   #12
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief
 
swatsurgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
SS, even some general advice would be handy. While circumstances may limit a soldier's ability to follow good nutrition guidelines most of the time, knowledge is power. There may be times when a soldier can get back to a DFAC or dig into a "personal stash" and eat the right stuff at the right time.

I am researching this topic heavily...I will post suggestions in the next few days. One of my research interests is nutrition for critically injured/ill patients as well as those caring for them. High stress, unknown duration of stress is my newest project population. I'll be back........
__________________
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
swatsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote