|
My e-mail to Miss Gonzalez
I couldn't stand it anymore so this is what I sent to the young "lady".
Rene,
After reading your "apology" I've got to say: NOT ACCEPTED! If you think that your backhanded, insincere drivel of an apology is going to fool anyone, you are as insipid as you are arrogant. Not only have you insulted the service people of this country but you have now slapped the American public right in the face.
Being an "educated" university student you probably think you are among the intellectual "elite" and that the average person is too stupid to see right through you. The unfortunate thing about this whole episode is that an insignificant little twit like you is actually getting attention that you clearly crave.
I tell you what, since you feel that strongly why don't you visit Ft. Benning, Ft. Bragg, Ft. Knox, Ft. Lewis, and the other military bases to express your First Amendment rights. Better yet why don't you personally visit Ranger Tillman's family and offer a face to face apology for dragging their son's name through the mud. At least then we would know that you actually have some conviction. Oh wait, that would require some integrity and fortitude which you sorely lack.
Personally, as a UMASS Graduate School Alumni ('93) myself , you have brought shame on to the University of Massachusetts.
John
__________________
To do nothing makes failure inevitable.
|