Thread: CRPS II
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 11:31   #5
tanman
Asset
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Posts: 4
I heard about that particular condition for the first time while on a hospital training rotation in the 18D course. I was invited to sit in on a round table discussion with 12 doctors ranging in all kinds of specialties from anesthesiology to psychiatry to neurology and so on. The only thing they could all agree on is that nobody knows what the definitive etiology or best relief plan is for people dealing with the condition.

A lot of emphasis, based on the few studies that have been conducted, is on the patients connection between the pain and their psychiatric condition (in terms of pain management). The best results they had seen were generated from a combination of concurrent treatments from multiple specialists who work together for the benefit of the patient, usually involving psychiatry and anesthesiology.

That's really all I can remember right now off the top of my head from that meeting. I hope it helps!
tanman is offline   Reply With Quote