Quote:
Originally posted by Airbornelawyer
The only real point I had with all of this is that if you want to drain the swamp the terrorist recruiters swim in, political reform is probably more important than economic reform. In that sense, we are on the right track by pushing for democratic reform and greater openness. But nothing will ever eliminate all terrorism, so this is still about the best way to manage the problem. For me, the answer is pretty much threefold: (1) hunt down and kill every terrorist we can, (2) push for greater freedom in the Middle East to help cut off the recruiting network (a little DOL) and (3) demand greater Muslim accountability regarding the actions of those who claim to act in the name of Islam. In the long run, we need an Islamic Enlightenment, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that.
|
There are some people with whom I'd like you to speak.
"Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter."