Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Is this a coincidence...or is it something more ?? (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964)

Sdiver 03-14-2004 20:42

Is this a coincidence...or is it something more ??
 
We (America) have 9/11

Spain, now has 3/11

911 days seperate the two attacks.

311 days from 3/11 is January 17, 2005.

One day from the 3rd Tues. in January.


Any thoughts ???

longrange1947 03-14-2004 20:51

All dates and activities can produce an array of coincidental oddities. I find them interesting but nothing more. That sounds like the Kennedy - Lincoln string.

Sdiver 03-14-2004 20:59

Quote:

Originally posted by longrange1947
All dates and activities can produce an array of coincidental oddities. I find them interesting but nothing more. That sounds like the Kennedy - Lincoln string.
I agree 100% about the Lincoln/Kennedy string.

But AQ does have a way of their "styleish" (for lack of a better word) types of attacks.

But the fact that the 311th day falls one day before the Presidental Swearing in, falls within their style.

Jimbo 03-14-2004 21:14

Seriously. They don't think about that stuff. They carry out operations when they have the greatest chance of success.

Sdiver 03-14-2004 21:50

Quote:

Originally posted by Jimbo
Seriously. They don't think about that stuff. They carry out operations when they have the greatest chance of success.
This is true.

But....

Wouldn't it fall on them to now, more than ever, make use of this type of a coincidence...saying it's "Allah's will" and such. Seeing that W. will prby be sworn in for a 2nd trem ?

If Operation "Mountain Storm" doesn't come up with OBL and other high ranking AQ, this would be too good for them to pass up.

OBL has stated that he wants to become a martyr in the "Eagle's Belly". What a better place to do so, than in D.C. with a "device" straped to his back.

Jimbo 03-15-2004 04:02

Quote:

Originally posted by Sdiver
Wouldn't it fall on them to now, more than ever, make use of this type of a coincidence...saying it's "Allah's will" and such.
They also use a different calander.

brownapple 03-15-2004 05:04

And Jimbo chimes in with a bit of common sense... ;)

The Reaper 03-15-2004 08:50

I am with Jimbo on this one. Coincidence, just like we would be honoring the dead of 9/12 if there had been a weather problem. Let's not give these idiots supernatural capailities, it plays right into their hands.

Quote:

Originally posted by Sdiver
OBL has stated that he wants to become a martyr in the "Eagle's Belly". What a better place to do so, than in D.C. with a "device" straped to his back.
How about becoming a martyr while sitting in a small chamber in the U.S. Penitentiary, Terra Haute, Indiana, with a needle in his arm after a few months of being fed three squares per day laced with bacon fat and lard? Is that a good enough way?

Note: I would personally prefer a different method of execution and disposal of the remains, like a globally televised electrocution, followed by disposal by tossing the cooked remains into the hog pen, also globally televised. I understand that this is currently prohibited by U.S. law.

TR

CommoGeek 03-15-2004 09:09

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
Note: I would personally prefer a different method of execution and disposal of the remains, like a globally televised electrocution, followed by disposal by tossing the cooked remains into the hog pen, also globally televised. I understand that this is currently prohibited by U.S. law.
If there was ever a time to outsource a job, this is it. Send it "offshore" and tell me where to send my $49.95.

echoes 03-15-2004 12:16

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
Note: I would personally prefer a different method of execution and disposal of the remains, like a globally televised electrocution, followed by disposal by tossing the cooked remains into the hog pen, also globally televised. I understand that this is currently prohibited by U.S. law.

TR

Sir, I am right with this idea! I have the first candidate in mind...Saddam Himself! Grrrrrrrrr!:mad:

Holly

Para 03-15-2004 12:32

Well, if you want to follow it up with oddities.....

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/curse.htm

Airbornelawyer 03-15-2004 12:55

Quote:

Originally posted by Jimbo
They also use a different calander.
The days are the same length, though, so it was 911 (or 910 or 912, depending on where you start or finish) days after 9/11 on the Islamic calendar as well.

September 11, 2001 A.D. was 23 Juma'ada ath-thaani 1422 A.H., or 6/23/1422. March 11, 2004 was 19 Muharram 1425 A.H., or 1/19/1425. I suppose if you wanted to play numerology, you could note that 1/19 is 9/11 backwards. 6/23 backwards is 3/26, so either watch out on March 26 or on May 16 (3/26/1425 on the Islamic calendar). August 10, BTW, will be the 3-year anniversary of 9-11 on the Islamic calendar, so watch out then.

Either that, or we go out and kill all the terrorists before any more pseudo-anniversaries.

echoes 03-15-2004 13:03

Quote:

Originally posted by Airbornelawyer
Either that, or we go out and kill all the terrorists before any more pseudo-anniversaries.
GREAT IDEA!!! Bring 'em here to the Midwest...we "know" how to take care of business!

Holly

Smokin Joe 03-15-2004 13:20

Quote:

Posted by The Reaper Note: I would personally prefer a different method of execution and disposal of the remains, like a globally televised electrocution, followed by disposal by tossing the cooked remains into the hog pen, also globally televised. I understand that this is currently prohibited by U.S. law.
Although I completely agree with this method of execution.

I think the best course of action would be a successful field execution caught on a digital camera by one of our troops. No muss, no fuss. Quick simple, no bullshit trial, no housing, feeding, or having to transport him, with the possiblity of having him escape.

*Edit to add* Then televise it world wide after the fact.

NousDefionsDoc 03-15-2004 14:12

Quote:

Originally posted by Smokin Joe
Although I completely agree with this method of execution.

I think the best course of action would be a successful field execution caught on a digital camera by one of our troops. No muss, no fuss. Quick simple, no bullshit trial, no housing, feeding, or having to transport him, with the possiblity of having him escape.

*Edit to add* Then televise it world wide after the fact.

Didn't work so well with Che. It made him a martyr.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:39.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®