![]() |
JIHAD!
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05204/542520.stm
Quote: The family of a Marine who was killed in Iraq is furious with Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll for showing up uninvited at his funeral this week, handing out her business card and then saying "our government" is against the war. Rhonda Goodrich of Indiana, Pa., said yesterday that a funeral was held Tuesday at a church in Carnegie for her brother-in-law, Staff Sgt. Joseph Goodrich, 32. She said he "died bravely and courageously in Iraq on July 10, serving his country." In a phone interview, Goodrich said the funeral service was packed with people "who wanted to tell his family how Joe had impacted their lives." Then, suddenly, "one uninvited guest made an appearance, Catherine Baker Knoll." She sat down next to a Goodrich family member and, during the distribution of communion, said, "Who are you?" Then she handed the family member one of her business cards, which Goodrich said she still has. "Knoll felt this was an appropriate time to campaign and impose her will on us," Goodrich said. "I am amazed and disgusted Knoll finds a Marine funeral a prime place to campaign." http://www.ltgovernor.state.pa.us/ Email : lieutenant-governor@state.pa.us **Please note: When you email the Lieutenant Governor, include your postal mailing address. Inquires will by replied to through the U.S. Postal Service within 6 weeks. Emails received will not be replied to electronically. |
I don't advocate hitting women...
"Lets hook her up with OJ." Take care. |
What a disgusting and insulting thing to do. (She’ll make a fine addition to the hilliary circle of friends.)
I do hope all those that read this post repost this article on a Marine website. The Marines will deal with her in an appropriate manner I'm sure. |
What a vile thing to do. She is a disgrace and I plan to tell her so.
|
1 Attachment(s)
Last time I checked, the American Flag wasn't something you twisted around your neck as you tried to pimp your way around a Warriors funeral. Disgusting.
She should have just sent flowers and a note. |
my email message
To: lieutenant-governor@state.pa.us
Subj: Your attendance at Staff Sgt. Joseph Goodrich's funeral =============================================== Lt. Gov Baker, Is it true that you showed up at a Marine's funeral, uninvited, in order to campaign and make a political statement against the war? How repulsive. Please describe how you could feel justified in turning a private soldier's funeral into your political platform. ------- ----- |
Quote:
You were much nicer then I was. I saw this early yesterday on www.blackfive.net and HAD to send my thoughts along. I also sent along an email to the Governer. |
what a blank...
I feel like I need to vomit in place then bring a bucket and soap to her office and suggest she cleanse herself. That is one of the most disgusting displays of ignorace I have ever read. Shame on you, political harlot!!!! :mad:
|
Quote:
|
Of course we are going to read about how profusely sorry she is about the whole episode, and how she hopes "if" she has upset anyone that they realize that wasn't her intentions at all. :rolleyes:
|
The picture that Footmobile posted of this Wench makes me a little uneasy. What a fake _____(fill in the blank with your favorites).
That wouldn't happen at any of my family funerals. Our redneck asses would have a good ole lynching. I hope this gets a little more exposure so it kills this bitch's hopes of ever living a political dream. :mad: |
Quote:
FrontSight |
"Madam:
I have relatives living in Pennsylvania and have been given to understand that you showed up uninvited recently at the funeral for SSgt. Goodrich to proselytize against the war and to campaign for office. Regardless of our personal beliefs, that is beyond my ability to comprehend. This Marine died for your freedom and protection, and you appear to be attempting to politicize his funeral. Do you feel that this is appropriate conduct for an elected representative, apparently, one who aspires to higher office? Could you please explain what purpose this visit, your comments, and distribution of campaign material at the function served? My family members have asked me as a veteran to put this into perspective for them, and at this point, I can find no decent reply. I look forward to your explanation. Very Respectfully- TR" |
Rendell: Slain Marine's Family Will Get Apology
I like this...."Goodrich's sister, told Action News that Knoll called and left an apology on her voice mail,"
This is how a LT Gov conducts herself? What a bottom feeder.... Rendell: Slain Marine's Family Will Get Apology POSTED: 11:44 am EDT July 25, 2005 UPDATED: 1:21 pm EDT July 25, 2005 PITTSBURGH -- Gov. Ed Rendell said written apologies will be sent to the family of a dead Marine who was upset about Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll's appearance at the man's funeral last week. The funeral was held Tuesday for Staff Sgt. Joseph Goodrich, 32, of Pittsburgh's Westwood section. Goodrich died July 10 in Iraq. Family members said Knoll came to the funeral uninvited, passed out her business cards and made a remark about the government being against the war. Goodrich's sister, Rhonda, told Channel 4 Action News that Knoll called and left an apology on her voice mail, along with her phone number and an invitation to call back. Rendell said Sunday that he hadn't spoken to Knoll, but he said it's not the business of state government to have a position on the war. He said the state supports the men and women fighting the war. Rendell said written apologies will be sent to the Goodrich family. http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...90/detail.html |
She left a voicemail? How low and cowardly can she be?
|
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:29. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®