Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Special Forces Group (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   First Post (introduction) (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7001)

Marauder06 05-28-2005 11:46

First Post (introduction)
 
Greetings. I was referred to this board by members of another Special Operations-related site. I like what I see here, too, and would like to be accepted as a member.

As this is my first post, I provide the following introduction IAW the Rules of the board (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...lay.php?f=68):

I was commissioned into the Infantry ten years ago under the branch detail program, and am now MI. I have previously served in the 101st, 2ID, and 5th Group. I was an platoon leader in the 101st, and a company commander in 2ID and 5th Group. I am still on active duty.

I think that's everything that's pertinent. If verification of my bona fides are necessary. please pm me. Alternately, I think there are enough people who are already members of this board who can vouch for me based on my activity from the other site.

Thanks and have an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.

mara

Ambush Master 05-28-2005 11:49

Welcome aboard !!! Another 5th Grouper is ALWAYS welcome !!

Martin

NousDefionsDoc 05-28-2005 11:55

Welcome Sir.

Quote:

I am still on active duty.
It's not too late then, apply for assignment to 7th Group ASAP!

Jack Moroney (RIP) 05-28-2005 12:00

Welcome aboard.

Team Sergeant 05-28-2005 12:03

Welcome aboard!

(forget what NousDefionsDoc said!)

Team Sergeant

(Former ODA-514 member.....)

NousDefionsDoc 05-28-2005 12:06

LOL :lifter

Marauder06 05-28-2005 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Welcome Sir.


It's not too late then, apply for assignment to 7th Group ASAP!


LOL

5th's current commander, COL H.P., is a former 7th Grouper. He has always had nothing but good things to say about his time there.

Thanks for the welcome, gentlemen.

mffjm8509 05-28-2005 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc


It's not too late then, apply for assignment to 7th Group ASAP!

He said he was still on ACTIVE duty! :munchin

mp

NousDefionsDoc 05-28-2005 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by mffjm8509
He said he was still on ACTIVE duty! :munchin

mp

Hey! :p

How soon we forget. Wasn't too long ago we were the only ones with a real world. And I noticed we had to send a Batt over to unfu...help. I don't remember ever asking for help from any of the others in the 80s. :)

Jack Moroney (RIP) 05-28-2005 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Hey! :p

How soon we forget. Wasn't too long ago we were the only ones with a real world. And I noticed we had to send a Batt over to unfu...help. I don't remember ever asking for help from any of the others in the 80s. :)

Con su permiso, that's only because none of us could/would measure up to Ivan Ivanoff's standards for haircuts and shined boots :D

NousDefionsDoc 05-28-2005 12:31

OUCH! Invoking the Ivan clause so soon Sir? I thought I had at least 2 more posts. :boohoo

Jack Moroney (RIP) 05-28-2005 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
OUCH! Invoking the Ivan clause so soon Sir? I thought I had at least 2 more posts. :boohoo

Don't take it personally, no one can pick their parents or their chain of command and it has nothing to do with how well you, and you all certainly did, all performed dispite, shall we say, command impediment err, guidance.

Jack Moroney

hoepoe 05-28-2005 12:38

Hi mara

Good to see you here.

Hoepoe

Marauder06 05-28-2005 13:52

Thanks Hoepoe.

The Reaper 05-28-2005 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mara
LOL

5th's current commander, COL H.P., is a former 7th Grouper. He has always had nothing but good things to say about his time there.

Thanks for the welcome, gentlemen.

Yeah, even though he commanded a Battalion in 1st Group, he will always be one of us. :D

HP is a very good friend of some of us here. Great American!

TR


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:38.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®