Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Arabic Tips (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4595)

jatx 12-05-2004 22:59

Arabic Tips
 
Anyone here have tips on learning MSA?

I've checked with all the universities in my area, and none will be offering a class this spring. That being said, my goal for the next 3-4 months is to master the script, build a base of vocabulary and not learn any bad pronunciation habits.

How about a PC-based program, supplemented by an hour or so a week with a native speaker for conversation? I know that this is sub-optimal, but I don't have any live instruction available, let alone an immersion course.

Which materials would you recommend?

skipjack 12-06-2004 23:02

Check out these online classes. I took Arabic 100 and I'm working on Arabic 101. So far, so good, along with some decent books and a lot of practice it's coming along. http://www.arabacademy.com/

Hope this helps. I also had a tough time finding decent Arabic classes.

-skipjack
1/23 "Tomahawks"

GreenSalsa 12-07-2004 05:23

Two Words...
 
Rossetta Stone

http://www.rosettastone.com/home

Martin 12-07-2004 08:38

I'd recommend getting an mp3 player and a native speaker who can read you some texts. Walk around listening, read simultaneously, etc.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:54.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®