![]() |
Anti-Muslim Book in Germany Still Stirring the Pot
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/01...est=latestnews
BERLIN -- Most books don’t continue to generate intense controversy nearly half a year after publication. But a bitter debate continues to dominate German talk shows over whether the nation’s 4.2 million Muslims are dragging the nation down, a charge made by a work published last year that argues the nation’s growing minority is bleeding the welfare budget and lowering the intelligence of German society. “Germany is Doing Away With Itself,” written by Thilo Sarrazin, a former member of the German Central Bank, has already sold more than a million copies. And while the book has been repudiated by the government of Chancellor Angela Merkel, there’s no question it has hit a very raw nerve in German society. “When I go on talk shows and we discuss the book, callers say ‘I’m not a Neo-Nazi, or a Nazi, but this book has finally allowed me to tell you that the Muslims in this country are here to get welfare and they don’t want to accept our values,' ” Wolfgang Benz, the former head of the center for anti-Semitic research at the Technical University in Berlin, told FoxNews.com. “The scholarship is awful in this book, but the guy at my gas station, who didn’t read it, thinks it’s great, and so do many others who find out what it says about the Muslims. Their pent-up feelings come out.” Germans are now openly discussing the failure to integrate Muslims, a problem that has been largely ignored for decades. Snip |
Interesting read.
It could be that Germany's already lost and it's only a matter of time. I sometimes wonder what Western Europe is going to look like in another generation or two. I wonder about America too... |
Don't know how many millions of muslims are in France,but I heard on the WSJ a while back that there are more than 39% of them and that's 39% more than they want!................:eek:
Big Teddy :munchin |
Quote:
|
Quote:
I see what you mean. Herd instinct, right? Kinda reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uyJSXCZRpc |
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:45. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®