Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   KnuckleDraggers Test Area (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   pic test (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3134)

ccrn 08-20-2004 18:35

pic test
 
pic

Ambush Master 08-20-2004 18:36

If you need a hand give a shout !!

Martin

ccrn 08-20-2004 18:44

I'm trying to use the browse tool below to load pics onto the page without much luck so far.

I use to do this on another board using the same format.

Grrrr.


Any suggestiongs?

ccrn 08-20-2004 18:55

again
 
again

ccrn 08-20-2004 18:57

Guess I got it. Now I have to learn how to downsize them-

Kyobanim 08-20-2004 19:43

That's a very nice quality picture.

I'm trying out an app called ResizerPro I found on download.com. Fairly simple to use and gives you good control over picture sizing and quality. Also does batch resizing and renaming.

ccrn 08-20-2004 20:03

resize
 
When tryin to post my resized pic I keep getting "this page cannot be displayed". Is this something Im doing-not doing on my end? Or just typical internet gremlins?

ccrn 08-20-2004 20:04

resize
 
2

ccrn 08-20-2004 20:06

resize
 
3

Apparently it wont let me post resized pics. Sigh-

Kyobanim 08-20-2004 20:33

1 Attachment(s)
Test - This is one I resized a little bit ago. What file extention is the resized pic you're trying to upload?

Kyobanim 08-20-2004 20:35

Here's yours

ccrn 08-20-2004 21:15

I think Ive ID'd my problem but still working towards the solution.

I'm using "Imaging for Windows" by kodak which comes stock on my machine (Windows ME)

When I check the properties of the resized pic its too big at around 5,000,000 bytes. Why that increases when downsized I dont know.

I do know the yget changed to tiff but I havent figured out how to resave it as bmt or jpeg to keep its size down if that would in fact work.

Onward

ccrn

Kyobanim 08-20-2004 22:01

You shoule be able to click File then Save As and use the down arrow to the right of the file type to change it to a jpg file. jpg gives you the best quality to file weight ratio

QRQ 30 08-21-2004 08:04

I use "Mihov Image Re-sizer". It also converts from and to all formats. Ensure you convert the size to a useable format.
They are listed right under the "BROWSE" button.

ccrn 08-21-2004 09:17

Imaging for Windows doesnt offer the jpeg option under save as. It offers it under another tool but then I have to type in the name of the file. It seems I cant make up one of my own but need to use a format of some type.

Ive been trying to use paint also with no luck so far.

Will try yahoo next then save them to my pc under a different name.

Then Ill try those two apps and play with those for a bit. Are they both freeware or?

ccrn


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:50.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®