![]() |
Who is the oldest olympic athlete?
Watching Martina Navatrilova playing makes me wonder who is the oldest competing olympic athlete. Martina is 47. I think some weight lifters have been around for some time.:lifter
|
I believe (not positive) that it's a speed-walker from Poland, something like that.
Hey, more power to them. Makes my heart glad after seeing all the 14 year-old gymnasts and divers. :( |
Doing a Google search, I've found a few in their upper 50's from different countrys.
The oldest from the U.S. is.... Get ready for this.... It's a Woman.... She's 52 Years old..... Competing in Pistol Shooting.... Her name is....... SSG Elizabeth Callahan from the U.S. Army Reserves. Go ARMY !!!!! |
Hah! The oldest Swede to compete was 72 years old and won the silver medal in shooting! He also holds the record for age.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olym...ry/default.stm Quote:
|
Go Sweden!
|
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:25. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®