Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Medical Pearls Of Wisdom (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Army busts abs in training revamp.......... (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28161)

greenberetTFS 03-17-2010 16:45

Army busts abs in training revamp..........
 
The Associated Press.

New soldiers are grunting through the kind of stretches and twists found in "ab blaster" classes at suburban gyms as the Army revamps its basic training regimen for the first time in three decades...............:cool::eek:;)

Big Teddy :munchin

head 03-17-2010 16:46

Haha... 1 tubby tubby, 2 tubby tubby, 3 tubby tubby...

jatx 03-17-2010 17:44

I really don't think that this is new news. When I went through about four years ago, the emphasis was definitely on core and bodyweight exercises, with more rucking than long runs and lots of shuttle runs, wind sprints, 60/120s, etc.

Defion69 03-17-2010 18:15

Bout' time there was a change for smarter PT (for longevity).

Green Light 03-18-2010 04:34

Yep - I'm hobbling around on bad hips and knees. There's a lot of PT we would have done smarter if we would have known. :lifter

greenberetTFS 03-18-2010 09:31

GT,

I certainly agree.......... :cool: I remember when "squat jumps" were part of the daily dozen,then later heard that they were eliminated because they did more harm than good............ ;)

Big Teddy :munchin


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:15.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®