Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Gear (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   M83 Assault Vest Conversion to Webbing, A new officer in need of advice (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23700)

OcdtADF 06-11-2009 07:50

M83 Assault Vest Conversion to Webbing, A new officer in need of advice
 
Just so you know what I'm talking about

http://www.army-surplus.co.uk/milita...ican-vest.html (note mine is in DPCU not DPM)

I have purchased this vest and am in the process of making it compatible with my British Army Bergen Field Pack in Auscam.

So far I have removed the backpack section to flatten it off for my pack.

Does anyone know what purpose do the six adjustable slides on the mid back section serve? I have been considering removing them to make sure they don’t dig in with my pack; is this a good idea?

I am also considering replacing some of the Velcro with fastex clips, is it worth my while? Is there an alternative to fastex?

Thanks in advance for any advice

JJ_BPK 06-11-2009 09:37

Cadet

Welcome aboard.

Your asking a question that will not get you very many answers, if at all.
We in the US (Army, Marines, Air-Force, Navy) do not use any of the Oz or UK gear.

Use the search function,, read a while,, learn...

thebaffler 06-11-2009 19:08

and...
 
And while I'm no QP, I am an officer and I can tell you that referring to yourself as such prior to your "pinning" is bad form as well.

OcdtADF 06-11-2009 20:50

I know it's a bit of a long shot; a South African Vest, an Aussie wearer and a British Pack.

I just hope someone out there can give me a bit of advice.

Thanks in advance

FYI Baffler
Aussie OCDT's are referred to as Staff Cadets, Officers or Officer Cadets (depending on where they are); Or just 'YOU!', I mean no offence but it is what I'm used to...

Viking 06-12-2009 04:56

Taking a wild guess here. I would say the side buckles are for the changes between armor and no armor. If you are not wearing the armor, you would want to tighten it for a snugger fit. With armor, obviously, let it out so it fits around it all.

abc_123 06-12-2009 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by OcdtADF (Post 269274)
I know it's a bit of a long shot; a South African Vest, an Aussie wearer and a British Pack.

I just hope someone out there can give me a bit of advice.

Thanks in advance

FYI Baffler
Aussie OCDT's are referred to as Staff Cadets, Officers or Officer Cadets (depending on where they are); Or just 'YOU!'


'YOU!'

I had that title once...or twice...or...:D

archade 08-09-2009 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc_123 (Post 269361)
'YOU!'

I had that title once...or twice...or...:D


So do I! Generally it was between 05.00 PM and 06.30 PM when nobody was in the company and a big voice needed "YOU"f or an important mission like mopping up the floor with... or washing the company commander car. :lifter


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:52.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®