Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Mission Accomplished!!! (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2182)

Ambush Master 06-17-2004 22:50

Mission Accomplished!!!
 
Well, we lost the Evaporator Blower night before last on the M1- A1 Household Air Conditioning Unit !! High of 94 and luckily a low in the low 70s made the last couple of nights bearable, for those that did not go through Camp Mackall in a GP Medium Tent, that reside in my household !!! Picked up a new start/run capacitor yesterday morning and it didn't kick it over, so last night I started dismantling the machine. Today, I waited until about 2030 hrs and removed said "Blower Motor". Cleaned it up, lubed it up with Militec Oil and Grease, then re-installed it, re-connecterd all associated wiring !! Now we have "COOL AIR" !!!

Happiness is !!!!!!

Later,
Martin

Roycroft201 06-17-2004 23:05

A/C
 
Ambush Master or should we now say A/C Master ?

Sir,

Congrats on your mission.
Do you make house calls ? ;)

Roycroft201

Ambush Master 06-17-2004 23:14

Re: A/C
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Roycroft201
Ambush Master or should we now say A/C Master ?

Sir,

Congrats on your mission.
Do you make house calls ? ;)

Roycroft201

Even though I FLY for FREE, I doubt that you could afford what I'd charge !!! :D

Although, given the right conditions and situations at hand, I would travel just to meet some of the people that frequent PS.com, if I could be of assistance!!

Take care
Martin

Sigi 06-17-2004 23:23

Sir,
I felt a 5 degree drop in temp here in Ohio just reading that.

Sacamuelas 06-17-2004 23:26

Congrats A/C Master...

I had to replace the fan motor and the start capacitors (mine had two separate ones, one for the compressor and one for the fan motor) on one of my house A/c units last summer...

Good feeling to fix something yourself... well, that combined with the cold air and loving surprise look from HH6 when you actually fix the friggin thing. LOL :lifter

Razor 06-18-2004 09:15

AM, are you going to write Militec and tell them about the new use you found for their product? :)

Gypsy 06-18-2004 15:22

Re: Re: A/C
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Ambush Master
Even though I FLY for FREE, I doubt that you could afford what I'd charge !!! :D

Although, given the right conditions and situations at hand, I would travel just to meet some of the people that frequent PS.com, if I could be of assistance!!

Take care
Martin

Well the oh-so-competent building maintenence men have been "fixing" our office building's a/c for about oh....3 weeks now. We too have had the high heat and humidity and it is rather uncomfortable to say the least. I bet I could take up a collection amongst the tenants and we'd have more than enough to make it worth your while!

Air.177 06-18-2004 16:07

Solid, Your Mailbox is full

Solid 06-18-2004 16:42

Cleared now.
Stop chumming the water, I can hear Sacamuelas nearby... ;)

Bill Harsey 06-18-2004 16:59

AM, I'm proud of ya, when i have a seized up motor, I just flood it with WD-40 until it catches fire when it's started. That burns out all the bad grease. Then you spray more WD-40 into it and see if it still spins. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!! "Professional knifemaker who works by himself"

myclearcreek 06-18-2004 18:48

Quote:

Originally posted by Bill Harsey
AM, I'm proud of ya, when i have a seized up motor, I just flood it with WD-40 until it catches fire when it's started. That burns out all the bad grease. Then you spray more WD-40 into it and see if it still spins. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!! "Professional knifemaker who works by himself"

:eek: And I thought I was dangerous. :D

Rhonda
...who successfully installed a light fixture in under an hour without harming herself or anyone else, then celebrated. :lifter


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:09.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®