![]() |
One for the resident Lawyers - long post
From a little book called "Disorder in the Court." They're things people actually said in court, word for word....
Q: What is your date of birth? A: July fifteenth. Q: What year? A: Every year. Q: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact? A: Gucci sweats and Reeboks. Q: This myasthenia gravis-does it affect your memory at all? A: Yes. Q: And in what ways does it affect your memory? A: I forget. Q: You forget. Can you give us an example of something that you've forgotten? Q: How old is your son - the one living with you. A: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which. Q: How long has he lived with you? A: Forty-five years. Q: And where was the location of the accident? A: Approximately milepost 499. Q: And where is milepost 499? A: Probably between milepost 498 and 500. Q: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in the voodoo or occult? A: We both do. Q: Voodoo? A: We do. Q: You do? A: Yes, voodoo. Q: Trooper, when you stopped the defendant, were your red and blue lights flashing? A: Yes. Q: Did the defendant say anything when she got out of her car? A: Yes, sir. Q: What did she say? A: What disco am I at? Q: Were you present when your picture was taken? Q: Did he kill you? Q: How far apart were the vehicles at the time of the collision? Q: You were there until the time you left, is that true? Q: How many times have you committed suicide? Q: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th? A: Yes. Q: And what were you doing at that time? Q: You say the stairs went down to the basement? A: Yes. Q: And these stairs, did they go up also? Q: Can you describe the individual? A: He was about medium height and had a beard. Q: Was this a male, or a female? Q: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney? A: No, this is how I dress when I go to work. Q: Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people? A: All my autopsies are performed on dead people. Q: All your responses must be oral, OK? What school did you go to? A: Oral. Q: Do you recall the time that you examined the body? A: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m. Q: And Mr. Dennington was dead at the time? A: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy. Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse? A: No. Q: Did you check for blood pressure? A: No. Q: Did you check for breathing? A: No. Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy? A: No. Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor? A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar. Q: But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless? A: It is possible that he could have been alive and practising law somewhere. Q: You were not shot in the fracas? A: No, I was shot midway between the fracas and the navel. LAWYER: What did the tissue samples taken from the victim's vagina show? WITNESS: There were traces of semen. LAWYER: Male semen? WITNESS: That's the only kind I know of. LAWYER: Did you ever sleep with him in New York? WITNESS: I refuse to answer that question. LAWYER: Did you ever sleep with him in Chicago? WITNESS: I refuse to answer that question. LAWYER: Did you ever sleep with him in Miami? WITNESS: No. LAWYER: So, after the anaesthetic, when you came out of it, what did you observe with respect to your scalp? WITNESS: I didn't see my scalp the whole time I was in the hospital. LAWYER: It was covered? WITNESS: Yes. Bandaged. LAWYER: Then, later on, what did you see? WITNESS: I had a skin graft. My whole buttocks and leg were removed and put on top of my head. CLERK: Please repeat after me: "I swear by Almighty God..." WITNESS: "I swear by Almighty God." CLERK: "That the evidence that I give..." WITNESS: That's right. CLERK: Repeat it. WITNESS: "Repeat it". CLERK: No! Repeat what I said. WITNESS: What you said when? CLERK: "That the evidence that I give..." WITNESS: "That the evidence that I give." CLERK: "Shall be the truth and..." WITNESS: It will, and nothing but the truth! CLERK: Please, just repeat after me: "Shall be the truth and..." WITNESS: I'm not a scholar, you know. CLERK: We can appreciate that. Just repeat after me: "Shall be the truth and..." WITNESS: "Shall be the truth and." CLERK: Say: "Nothing...". WITNESS: Okay. (Witness remains silent.) CLERK: No! Don't say nothing. Say:"Nothing but the truth..." WITNESS: Yes. CLERK: Can't you say: "Nothing but the truth..."? WITNESS: Yes. CLERK: Well? Do so. WITNESS: You're confusing me. CLERK: Just say: "Nothing but the truth...". CLERK: Yes. WITNESS: Okay. I understand. CLERK: Then say it. WITNESS: What? CLERK: "Nothing but the truth..." WITNESS: But I do! That's just it. CLERK: You must say: "Nothing but the truth..." WITNESS: I WILL say nothing but the truth! CLERK: Please, just repeat these four words: "Nothing", "But", "The", "Truth". WITNESS: What? You mean, like, now? CLERK: Yes! Now. Please. Just say those four words. WITNESS: "Nothing. But. The. Truth." CLERK: Thank you. WITNESS: I'm just not a scholar. LAWYER: On the morning of July 25th, did you walk from the farmhouse down the footpath to the cowshed? WITNESS: I did. LAWYER: And as a result, you passed within a few yards of the duck pond? WITNESS: I did. LAWYER: And did you observe anything? WITNESS: I did. (Witness remains silent.) LAWYER: Well, could you tell the Court what you saw? WITNESS: I saw George. LAWYER: You saw George *******, the defendant in this case? WITNESS: Yes. LAWYER: Can you tell the Court what George ******* was doing? WITNESS: Yes. (Witness remains silent.) LAWYER: Well, would you kindly do so? WITNESS: He had his thing stuck into one of the ducks. LAWYER: His "thing"? WITNESS: You know... His thing. His di... I mean, his penis. LAWYER: You passed close by the duck pond, the light was good, you were sober, you have good eyesight, and you saw this clearly? WITNESS: Yes. LAWYER: Did you say anything to him? WITNESS: Of course I did! LAWYER: What did you say to him? WITNESS: "Morning, George" |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:23. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®