Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   PT/ H2H (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   The Blademaster said stress... (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1954)

NousDefionsDoc 05-27-2004 20:01

The Blademaster said stress...
 
Quote:

Col. Rex Applegate and i discussed this several times. both shooting and hand to hand fighting had some common factors, training the reflexes for emergency stress response had a lot to do with success or not.
I love this topic. Who can tell us the physiological reactions to stress as pertains to this topic and how it impacts on your ability to respond to a threat?





STOP LOOKING IT UP!

:munchin

Bill Harsey 05-27-2004 20:04

I'll stand by for just a bit here...edited to say I'll repeat what Col. Applagate taught me if no else replies...

Bill Harsey 05-27-2004 20:12

Ok, six minutes have gone by, Here's a hint, "incorporating a humans natural stress response to close sudden danger"

DunbarFC 05-27-2004 20:22

Fight or flight ?

Increased heart rate ?

Dry mouth ?

Sweaty palms ?

Bill Harsey 05-27-2004 20:24

before all that.

DunbarFC 05-27-2004 20:25

Ummmmmmm

I'm out

The Reaper 05-27-2004 20:25

Quote:

Originally posted by DunbarFC
Fight or flight ?

Increased heart rate ?

Dry mouth ?

Sweaty palms ?

All of the above, which also leads to degradation of fine muscle skills.

Kill, or be killed. Monkey stomp, or be monkey stomped.

TR

DunbarFC 05-27-2004 20:28

Any fight I've ever been in I've felt that before it happened

Last time was this winter when some buddies and I were jumped by a group of punks

ghuinness 05-27-2004 20:29

Quote:

Originally posted by Bill Harsey
before all that.
Eye dilation?

DunbarFC 05-27-2004 20:31

Check out your surroundings

What can you use and what could be used against you

How can you get out if you have to

How many bad guys are there - who should you stomp first

Ambush Master 05-27-2004 20:31

BIG Time Adrenaline Dump and all of it's insidious side effects !! Learning how to control yourself during that phase is imperative. Then, after the "Inducers" are gone, to be able to maintain a rational thought process and di..di.. in a proper fashion is in order !!

Bill Harsey 05-27-2004 20:32

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
All of the above, which also leads to degradation of fine muscle skills.

Kill, or be killed. Monkey stomp, or be monkey stomped.

TR

Yes I think we are talking about instinctive response of big muscle groups, or the whole body.

Bill Harsey 05-27-2004 20:39

Quote:

Originally posted by DunbarFC
Ummmmmmm

I'm out

No your not, go back to flight or fight. It all begins just before then.

NousDefionsDoc 05-27-2004 20:42

AM gave you the first one and primary casual factor. You guys should know this, your life depends on it - this is an OODA Loop killer.

Reaper and Blademaster are practically giving you the answers.

Quote:

physiological reactions to stress
ghuinness,
Do you mean tunnel vision?

Sigi 05-27-2004 20:43

...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:15.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®