Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Agua Pequeno (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1825)

Roguish Lawyer 05-17-2004 16:15

Agua Pequeno
 
What does this phrase refer to?

Hint: I used the wrong language.

Second question once the first is figured out (and another hint, I suppose):

Which one do you think is the best?

Air.177 05-17-2004 16:23

Does it refer to the dipper constellations? Big and little?

Ambush Master 05-17-2004 16:47

Little/small Water. Similar to Aguas Calientes=Hot Water !!

Roguish Lawyer 05-17-2004 17:00

Quote:

Originally posted by Ambush Master
Little/small Water. Similar to Aguas Calientes=Hot Water !!
Correct translation to English, but that's not the language that gives you the answer.

"Little water."

DanUCSB 05-17-2004 17:29

I'll grab, and say Absolut. Whyever would Dan say that?

No, it's not the best, but that's not the only factor. My criteria are, that it's the best of the cheap vodkas, and the cheapest of the decent ones. :D

Ambush Master 05-17-2004 17:34

Agua=Agua
Poquino=Poquito
Italian, Spanish.

Air.177 05-17-2004 17:35

Quote:

Originally posted by DanUCSB
I'll grab, and say Absolut. Whyever would Dan say that?

No, it's not the best, but that's not the only factor. My criteria are, that it's the best of the cheap vodkas, and the cheapest of the decent ones. :D

I like the way this man thinks, I'll go with his answer.

Air.177 05-17-2004 17:36

Re: Agua Pequeno
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Hint: I used the wrong language.
I think he was trying to throw us off with the Spanish/Italian angle

Roguish Lawyer 05-17-2004 20:38

Quote:

Originally posted by DanUCSB
I'll grab, and say Absolut. Whyever would Dan say that?

No, it's not the best, but that's not the only factor. My criteria are, that it's the best of the cheap vodkas, and the cheapest of the decent ones. :D

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. And I thought it would be someone from 10th Group . . .

Vodka, literally translated from Russian, means "little water."

OK, second question. Is Gaucho correct that Absolut is the best vodka?

Roguish Lawyer 05-17-2004 21:08

Aren't you required to develop vodka expertise in 10th Group? Razor?

Solid 05-18-2004 01:13

Absolut is good, and comes from the Fine Kingdom of Sweden (like many other good things), but does not stand up to smaller-scale, more expensive local mixes. If I could remember their names (they were very good), I wouldn't be able to type them because this keyboard lacks cyrillics.

Solid

Radar Rider 05-18-2004 04:27

Quote:

Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Is Gaucho correct that Absolut is the best vodka?
Not sure, but I know that Groucho is the best Marx Brother. :D

Roguish Lawyer 05-18-2004 08:00

Vodka used to be my preferred spirit, but bourbon took over years ago so it is now an occasional thing.

I have always been a Stoli guy (was drinking it before it was widely distributed), but I have not been able to try the various Russian brands not widely distributed in the US. I also like Wyborova (sp?).

I will admit that I sampled Grey Goose once. It's OK, but I won't buy it. Haven't tried all the new brands that have come out (or been more widely distributed) recently just because I don't drink as much vodka, but Belvedere and Chopin are supposed to be good.

There has got to be at least one guy here who has spent time in Russia or Poland sampling the real thing. Fess up!

Razor 05-18-2004 09:05

If you've spent any time in Eastern Europe/Russia, you'd know that the quality of vodka is a far, far distant second to the quantity in social situations, especially when drinking with the military and locals. I distinctly remember one night where the vodka (can't recall the brand, but it was Macedonian) came in little drink boxes, much like the juice for kids here. Only thing worse was slivo.

Valhal 05-19-2004 10:02

Quote:

Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Vodka used to be my preferred spirit, but bourbon took over years ago so it is now an occasional thing.

I have always been a Stoli guy (was drinking it before it was widely distributed), but I have not been able to try the various Russian brands not widely distributed in the US. I also like Wyborova (sp?).

I will admit that I sampled Grey Goose once. It's OK, but I won't buy it. Haven't tried all the new brands that have come out (or been more widely distributed) recently just because I don't drink as much vodka, but Belvedere and Chopin are supposed to be good.

There has got to be at least one guy here who has spent time in Russia or Poland sampling the real thing. Fess up!

I lived in Russia 4 months. Stoli was the little water of choice. Actually I can't remember seeing any other brand. In thoose days you could buy a bottle for $1.
I agree with you Bourbon ( Makers's Mark) or a good 12yr or better Scotch is my poison of choice now.
Nastroviya


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:13.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®