![]() |
SDN lite/Swiftlink
Hi. I'm working as part of the signal shop for the Special Operations Command and Control Element for an expeditionary base in the CENTCOM AOR. I am not SF. None of the people in my shop are. We have no experience with SOF Comms. For the most part, this is not a problem...we are able to adapt and overcome. Today, however, I've come across a problem. I'm supposed to find out what I need to complete my kits for the SOF Deployable Node-lite. As near as I can tell this is similar to the Swiftlink Plus, but I am still unable to determine what the components are. If there are any 18Es out there who can help me, please PM for my SIPRnet email address. All I need to know is what makes up a complete SDN-lite.
|
You can contact the SOCCENT signal element (military and contractor types) and ask them. They have personnel that train in and use the systems you are referring to quite frequently. They are usually pretty helpful.
|
Much appreciated. I'll get on that, and thanks for your help.
|
SDN Series
I went through SDN-M training recently. If you have any more questions, I can put you in touch with the people in Tampa who train the system and run the GNCC.
|
Quote:
|
Good Luck
I can't understand what it is about commo that makes guys run when they have the chance. My former Team Sergeant was a commo guy in a past life, then went 18B. From one Mick to another, Good luck at Selection. If you make it, have fun grunting with the other Nugs.
|
Heh...honestly, I'm just kinda tired of commo. I've been doing it since my first day in the military. Besides that...I didn't pick 18B...they said that's where they needed me.
Thanks. I'll let you know when I earn the Tab. |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:09. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®