Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Greatest NCO and Officer of all Time (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554)

Roguish Lawyer 02-12-2004 16:26

Greatest NCO And Officer of all Time
 
This is a spin-off from the best insurgent leader thread. Who's the best and why? You can do a short list if you need to. If you don't like or understand the way the topic is defined, redefine it or state your understanding in your post, please.

NDD will go first.

NousDefionsDoc 02-12-2004 16:30

SFC Robert Howard (I met him as a Major, but he was more like a CSM in attitude, etc.)

Officer - Colonel Nick Rowe

CPTAUSRET 02-12-2004 17:49

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
SFC Robert Howard (I met him as a Major, but he was more like a CSM in attitude, etc.)

Officer - Colonel Nick Rowe

It is difficult for me to present an argument against your choices.

They have my vote.

Terry

brownapple 02-12-2004 18:49

CSM Galen Charles Kittleson

"Pappy"

Enlisted 1943
503d Parachute Infantry
Alamo Scouts
101st Airborne
3d Infantry Division
10th Special Forces Group
6th Special Forces Group
5th Special Forces Group
(ODA 502 - MIKE Force)
6th Special Forces Group
7th Special Forces Group

Participant in 4 POW Raids, including Cabantuan, Son Tay and an attempt to free Nick Rowe.

NousDefionsDoc 02-12-2004 18:52

Damn! GH bringing heat. LOL Great choice. The lists are long and distinguished, this could go on for a while.

CPTAUSRET 02-12-2004 18:56

Quote:

Originally posted by Greenhat
CSM Galen Charles Kittleson

"Pappy"

Enlisted 1943
503d Parachute Infantry
Alamo Scouts
101st Airborne
3d Infantry Division
10th Special Forces Group
6th Special Forces Group
5th Special Forces Group
(ODA 502 - MIKE Force)
6th Special Forces Group
7th Special Forces Group

Participant in 4 POW Raids, including Cabantuan, Son Tay and an attempt to free Nick Rowe.

I was on the raid to rescue Nick Rowe.

And he is an Iowa boy!

Terry

NousDefionsDoc 02-12-2004 19:00

Quote:

Originally posted by CPTAUSRET

And he is an Iowa boy!

Terry

DAMN! don't you think with all the other stuff he's made up for it by now?:D

CPTAUSRET 02-12-2004 19:12

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
DAMN! don't you think with all the other stuff he's made up for it by now?:D
That's funny!

Lost my head, coach.

Terry

NousDefionsDoc 02-12-2004 22:10

How's that?

Roguish Lawyer 02-12-2004 22:14

Perfect. Thanks very much.

Team Sergeant 02-12-2004 22:50

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
DAMN! don't you think with all the other stuff he's made up for it by now?:D
Watch it....

Another Iowa boy here....

The Team Sergeant

NousDefionsDoc 02-12-2004 22:54

Quote:

Originally posted by Team Sergeant
Watch it....

Another Iowa boy here....

The Team Sergeant

LOL - I should have known, only I can have that kind of luck...

AM probably is too.

CPTAUSRET 02-12-2004 22:57

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
LOL - I should have known, only I can have that kind of luck...

AM probably is too.

NDD:

I might have laid out a "friendly ambush", with that Iowa boy remark:

Terry:D

brownapple 02-13-2004 02:21

Officer:

Arthur Simons

CommoGeek 02-13-2004 07:39

I have nothing to quibble about with the earlier choices. All are excellent. I'd like to add:

NCO: MSG Dick Meadows

O: Aaron Bank

Eagle5US 02-13-2004 12:09

Quote:

Originally posted by CPTAUSRET
I was on the raid to rescue Nick Rowe.

Terry

Damn Terry...you may have said this before and I musta missed it...
So I will say it now, again...
Thanks for all the stuff you did for the guys on the ground.

The Eagle

CPTAUSRET 02-13-2004 12:43

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle5US
Damn Terry...you may have said this before and I musta missed it...

The Eagle

Eagle5US:

De nada, mi hermano:

I posted a small account of that raid, here.

Terry

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...Kittleson+raid

Eagle5US 02-13-2004 12:51

Quote:

Originally posted by CPTAUSRET
Eagle5US:

I posted a small account of that raid, here.

Terry

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...Kittleson+raid

Great read Terry...
Thx...

The Eagle

Doc 02-14-2004 06:25

From individuals I've met;

NCO: SFC now COL(R) Howard. (Probably the greatest Soldier in US History IMHO) This one's a given.

Followed by SGM(R) Tommy Grace. SGM Grace defined what I think a NCO should be. Selfless service.

Officer: TR. (Great Officer, Mentor, and Friend) Don't think we have not had "discussions" behind closed doors, but when we left the room, it was show time) A true credit to SF and the Officer Corps. A class act.

All of these great guys are Quiet Professionals and would be the first to say they were just doing their jobs. I was fortunate enough to have spent time with them.

DOL


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:59.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®